An annual subscription to Our Flower Patch costs just £85. This includes all the starter packs of seeds you will need to get you patch up and running and a whole year of activities to carry out. All you need to do is add compost/soil and willing gardeners.
Here are a few ideas for ways your school or organisation can fund the initial year of growing...
- SPONSORSHIP Individuals or groups can sponsor a Flower Patch for an organisation, either as a gift or in exchange for vouchers. These vouchers can be exchanged for floral arrangements later in the season, when growing is underway. We can issue vouchers at the point of sale if requested.
- PUPIL PREMIUM Where schools are using the programme as an enrichment activity, in some cases, it may be possible to use pupil premium money to fund Our Flower Patch.
- PTA LOAN If the programme is being used as an enterprise it might be funded by means of an interest-free loan from the PTA or other body to be repaid in full at the end of the first year from the proceeds of flower sales.
- GRANT Details of grants will be posted here as they become available.
- FUNDRAISING EVENT The first Our Flower Patch sold was purchased with the proceeds of a selling cakes at a local seed swop event. Face painting, quiz nights and non-uniform days would all be suitable events.
If you have funded your subscription to Our Flower Patch in an unusual way, we'd love to hear from you and will share your ideas with others.